Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dissimilar Meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have an assembly that has components size varying from few microns to a mm. I want to mesh it such a way that the larger components will have large element and connected to smaller elements without transition elements. How can I achieve this in comsol? In FEM as I recall there is something called super element. How can I create such a super element in comsol?

I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards,
Susant

4 Replies Last Post 29 juin 2011, 20:03 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 juin 2011, 13:26 UTC−4
It's indeed possible. The "trick" consists in using an assembly and an identity pair. See the attached screenshot for an example illustrating that approach.
It's indeed possible. The "trick" consists in using an assembly and an identity pair. See the attached screenshot for an example illustrating that approach.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 16:34 UTC−4
Hi Jean,

I did not see any attached screen shot. I would appreciate if you can resend it.

Regards,
Susant
Hi Jean, I did not see any attached screen shot. I would appreciate if you can resend it. Regards, Susant

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 juin 2011, 16:15 UTC−4
Sorry, he it is.
Sorry, he it is.

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 juin 2011, 20:03 UTC−4
Hi Jean,

Thanks!

Regards,
Susant

Hi Jean, Thanks! Regards, Susant

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.