Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

getting x,y-coordinate data

Josje van Houwelingen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In comsol 4.1 I am doing a time-dependent (PDE) study about the evaluation of dipole vortex. Now it is of interest to follow the trajectory of the dipole. Therefore I want the data of the x,y-position of the maximum and minimum vorticity of the dipole, to plot the trajectory eventually. To get those maxima and minima in the domain I selected the maximum and minimum option under Model Builder>Definitions>Model Couplings.
Although the program works with x and y coordinates, I cannot find a option in comsol to get those x,y data of the maxima and minima (at different times).

Is it possible to get x, y data of the maxima and minima?

Thanks in advance.
J. van Houwelingen

2 Replies Last Post 31 mai 2011, 06:16 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mai 2011, 01:20 UTC−4
Hi

yes indeed, the min() and max() have a second parameter call possibility (you need 2-3 calls one for each coordinate" check the FORUM with a search it's here somewhere. It's also in the help but slightly "hidden"

something like maxX = min(T,x) but I cannot remember 100% pls check

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes indeed, the min() and max() have a second parameter call possibility (you need 2-3 calls one for each coordinate" check the FORUM with a search it's here somewhere. It's also in the help but slightly "hidden" something like maxX = min(T,x) but I cannot remember 100% pls check -- Good luck Ivar

Josje van Houwelingen

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mai 2011, 06:16 UTC−4
I've found how to do it.

If you want the x-position of a maximum (omega in my case) you have to use the following expression in a plot:
max(omega, x)
for the y-position it is:
max(omega, y)

Thanks a lot.
Josje
I've found how to do it. If you want the x-position of a maximum (omega in my case) you have to use the following expression in a plot: max(omega, x) for the y-position it is: max(omega, y) Thanks a lot. Josje

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.