Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat & Moisture Transport in Rotary Heat Exchanger

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Respected members,

I am currently trying to model a rotary heat exchanger in 1D. Since the governing equations apply to 1) an unit element, as well as, 2) Full geometry.

I was able to apply the equations for 'sensible heat exchange' via the LTNE physics interface. But I am finding it difficult to choose the interfaces for 'heat & moisture' transport. Since, both condensation & evaporation has to happen in alternating cycles, hence, the more difficulty.

I already tried using "Moist Air" during my simulations for sensible heat exchange, but the results doesn't show any changes in the relative humidity and temperature changes are also within 1 kelvin limit from the results for sensible heat exchange.

Kindly help me in choosing the right physics interface and what I could do right to make this work.

Regards, Anupam

0 Replies Last Post 25 juin 2018, 08:32 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anupam Chakraborty

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.