Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help with conjugate heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to add a flow to my heat transfer model. So I made a very simple model just for learning how to use the conjugate heat transfer module. Until now my model is not working - I get an error message. I don´t know what is wrong - maybe COMSOL doesn´t understand the shape of my inlet and outlet? Could anybody help me to find out what´s wrong with this model?

Thanks!

Alessandro

3 Replies Last Post 13 nov. 2017, 12:57 UTC−5

Posted: 7 years ago 13 nov. 2017, 09:43 UTC−5

Hi

Your problem is rather demanding. I downloaded your model and realized that your mesh was very sparse for fluid mechanics. I changed the mesh density to "Normal" and ran a steady-state study. It took 1 h and 21 mins to solve. I suppose that a time-dependent study would take weeks, if it converged.

BR Lasse

Hi Your problem is rather demanding. I downloaded your model and realized that your mesh was very sparse for fluid mechanics. I changed the mesh density to "Normal" and ran a steady-state study. It took 1 h and 21 mins to solve. I suppose that a time-dependent study would take weeks, if it converged. BR Lasse

Posted: 7 years ago 13 nov. 2017, 10:37 UTC−5

Your boudaries for heat at outlet boudary is incosistent. In heat transfer node provide outlfow boudary for outlet.

Your boudaries for heat at outlet boudary is incosistent. In heat transfer node provide outlfow boudary for outlet.

Posted: 7 years ago 13 nov. 2017, 12:57 UTC−5

I defined my outlet a outflow boundary and made my model again much easier - It´s just that I want to learn what things I have to look at modelling with COMSOL.

So this is the next model - still not working...any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

>Your boudaries for heat at outlet boudary is incosistent. In heat transfer node provide outlfow boudary for outlet. I defined my outlet a outflow boundary and made my model again much easier - It´s just that I want to learn what things I have to look at modelling with COMSOL. So this is the next model - still not working...any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.