Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I find the Electric field of TE radiation mode of the optical waveguide by using the "emw" module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am just starting to use the optical module in Comsol program. I would like to ask you some questions. Now, I am considering the TM guided mode and TE radiation mode of the optical waveguide. However, I am not sure that is it possible to find the Electric field of TM guided mode and TE radiation mode by using Comsol program?
In this time, I start to study the Electromagnetic waves, Frequency domain module. Do you have any suggestion?

Can you help me please?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 18 sept. 2017, 11:23 UTC−4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 18 sept. 2017, 11:23 UTC−4

The emw mode is formulated in terms of the electric field and can model both TE and TM modes.

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

The emw mode is formulated in terms of the electric field and can model both TE and TM modes. D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.