Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nanoparticle translocation through a diverging-converging nanochannel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to simulate charged nanoparticle translocation through a diverging-converging nanochannel in laminar flow under electric field using ALE method. But as the particle moves, the meshes around the particle surface get distorted. So I have to add "automatic remeshing" and set the remeshing criterion as "compl.ale.minqual<0.3". However, 0.3 is too low for mesh quality. I cannot set the criterion more than 0.38 because the meshes of the boundary layer on the channel wall are all quadrilateral, which is very low in quality (around 0.38) . If I set 0.4, the simulation cannot even start. So what should I do? Greatly appreciated!
The link is the COMSOL 5.2a file for my simulation.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K94klj2cyKRXFGTy01SFFzNHc/view?usp=sharing

0 Replies Last Post 10 mars 2017, 17:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bin Peng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.