Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to define material pixel by pixel?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea that how I can define my material pixel by pixel? Thank you in advance.

7 Replies Last Post 23 févr. 2017, 12:05 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 22 févr. 2017, 14:20 UTC−5
In COMSOL, you can type in spatially-varying functions for your material properties.
If, for instance, you want an electric conductivity to vary as 1+x, simply type 1+x in the text field for the electric conductivity.
There are many pre-implemented mathematical functions for you to use. Please refer to the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.2a, around page 232.
Best,
Jeff
In COMSOL, you can type in spatially-varying functions for your material properties. If, for instance, you want an electric conductivity to vary as 1+x, simply type 1+x in the text field for the electric conductivity. There are many pre-implemented mathematical functions for you to use. Please refer to the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.2a, around page 232. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 04:17 UTC−5
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately values can not be define by a function.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately values can not be define by a function.

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 07:56 UTC−5
How are they defined?
Jeff
How are they defined? Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 08:43 UTC−5
They are defined by a matrix. for each voxel there is a different value.
They are defined by a matrix. for each voxel there is a different value.

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 09:08 UTC−5
You have several possibilities. Off the top of my head: interpolation functions, image functions and calling a MATLAB function (that last one assumes you have LiveLink for MATLAB on your license). See the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual's section on functions for more info on these options.
Best,
Jeff
You have several possibilities. Off the top of my head: interpolation functions, image functions and calling a MATLAB function (that last one assumes you have LiveLink for MATLAB on your license). See the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual's section on functions for more info on these options. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 10:23 UTC−5
I think Interpolation function can help in this case. Thank you very much for your help!
I think Interpolation function can help in this case. Thank you very much for your help!

Posted: 7 years ago 23 févr. 2017, 12:05 UTC−5
Hello,

Just to supplement Jeff's response, an interesting post to look into (Walter Frei's response).

www.comsol.it/community/forums/general/thread/1381

Suresh
Hello, Just to supplement Jeff's response, an interesting post to look into (Walter Frei's response). https://www.comsol.it/community/forums/general/thread/1381 Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.