Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unexpected zigzag plot on cantilever beam, expected a smooth sin curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am fairly new to COMSOL and I am in need of the communities help.
I am running Solid Mechanics Physics, with a 'Linear isotropic hardening' plasticity model.
I am running the 'Time Dependent' study in the range(0,0.01,1)

The cantilever beam is fixed in one end and subjected to a harmonic load on the other end [see attached Figure 'beam.png']. In this Figure, the 'Point of interest' is where the strain in the x-direction is plottede.
I am trying to plot the strain development in this point on a cantilever beam, using a Time-dependent study. The resulting plot of the strain is zigzag instead of a smooth sin curve.
I have tried running the time-dependent study with more steps, but this does not help [see attached Figure 'strain_displacement.png'].

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 30 janv. 2017, 06:24 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nikolaj Grant

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.