Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plot of time dependent heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. After getting my result from stimulation:

sphere in a cylinder: there is a heat souce in the sphere.

I want to make a plot of the tempeture change in the sphere vs time. When I make a 1D line plot I get a plot with points instead: see attached file. How do I get comsol to make a line plot instead. furthermore I am only interested in knowing the temperature change of the sphere (center of the sphere if possible). I have so far used a cut line, but is there any other tools that would be more suitable for this?

BR JianGui

2 Replies Last Post 29 nov. 2016, 08:08 UTC−5
Thure Ralfs COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 29 nov. 2016, 07:33 UTC−5
Hi JianGui

You can set the appearance of the plot in the “Coloring and Style” section. If that does not work, I need to see the model, to figure out what has happened.

/Thure
Hi JianGui You can set the appearance of the plot in the “Coloring and Style” section. If that does not work, I need to see the model, to figure out what has happened. /Thure

Posted: 8 years ago 29 nov. 2016, 08:08 UTC−5
thanks, that helped
thanks, that helped

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.