Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Probing several boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I have a cuboid with laminar inlet. Now I want to observe the development of pressure and velocity on one of my upper surface. To implement that I created a workplane in Geometry with some rectangles (see the attached picture). Now I wanted to set the rectangles as probes to see the difference from the first to the last one. I selected several rectangles one at a time (boundary selection) with pressure and velocity as expression. But I get "NaN" as result. When I checked the laminar flow conditions the probe rectangles are marked as "not applicable, so I guess that´s why I don´t get a result but NaN.

Should I set the probes in the different way?
How can I mark several probes without creating an own probe for each rectangle (e.g. by duplicating the first probe)?

I would appreciate any help!
Regards, Kristina

0 Replies Last Post 4 nov. 2016, 09:55 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kristina B

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.