Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comparison of 4.0 amd 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi:

I have a 3D geometry and I am calculating the lumped capacitance. Previously in
comsol version 4.0 I meshed with "tri" and in comsol version 4.1 I understand I must mesh
with "teth" for 3D models. Bur when I solve I get different values of capacitance in both versions.
What may be the cause of that?

Best Regards,
Pekir

2 Replies Last Post 24 janv. 2011, 13:59 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 janv. 2011, 10:52 UTC−5
Hi

normally ther has been no change in the 3D meshing types, this is by default "teths" for both 4.0 and 4.1 in 3D. And normally I do neither not see why you should get a different capacitance for the same model in the two versions. So either there is a typo somewhere in a formula, or a translation has missed a point, in my opinion. In any case how close are you to your estimated analytical value ? An what are the differences, could it come from a different meshing density ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally ther has been no change in the 3D meshing types, this is by default "teths" for both 4.0 and 4.1 in 3D. And normally I do neither not see why you should get a different capacitance for the same model in the two versions. So either there is a typo somewhere in a formula, or a translation has missed a point, in my opinion. In any case how close are you to your estimated analytical value ? An what are the differences, could it come from a different meshing density ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 janv. 2011, 13:59 UTC−5
Hi:

I apologize. Its a issue between 3.5 and 4.1. So the same questions as Ive asked before
but now its related to comsol 3.5a and 4.1.

Best Regards,
Pekir
Hi: I apologize. Its a issue between 3.5 and 4.1. So the same questions as Ive asked before but now its related to comsol 3.5a and 4.1. Best Regards, Pekir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.