Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Initial Value Erron in Time Dependent Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Forum,

I'm working on a 2D model in solid mechanics. The model was defined an initial velocity in global coordinate and a prescribed displacement in boundary coordinate system. The material is some rubber like elastomer with damping. I did the study in Time Dependent. And it showed me an error as "Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged". I also tried it in Time-Dependent Modal. It showed me similar thing.

I found in older discussions said it might be resulted from mesh size. I tried with finer or coarse meshes, but it didn't solve the problem. Anyone has other idea what might the reason be?

I'm working in version 5.1

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 25 sept. 2016, 15:29 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yu Song

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.