Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incremental rotation in an array

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I'm trying to create an array of objects along the axis of a cylinder, and also incrementally rotate each element of the array relative to the cylinder axis (e.g. array element1 rotated by 5 degrees, element 2 by 10 degrees and so on). The number of array elements is a parameter. Is there any way of doing the rotation in a single operation (I can manually create a number of rotate nodes, but it will be cumbersome)?

2 Replies Last Post 26 janv. 2017, 07:57 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sharath Gopal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago 25 janv. 2017, 20:51 UTC−5
Hi Sharath, have you solved this problem? I have the same issue with my model and would like to find some ideas on the forum...
Hi Sharath, have you solved this problem? I have the same issue with my model and would like to find some ideas on the forum...

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 26 janv. 2017, 07:57 UTC−5
Hello Sharath and Haitian,

This is can be done with an app. You will find it discussed in the following links:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133541/
www.comsol.com/blogs/using-the-application-builder-to-create-a-koch-snowflake/
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Sharath and Haitian, This is can be done with an app. You will find it discussed in the following links: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/133541/ https://www.comsol.com/blogs/using-the-application-builder-to-create-a-koch-snowflake/ Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.