Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Structural solver and electromag solver not talking

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,
Hopefully this is a relatively straight forward problem with an easy answer. I am trying to model a split ring on a substrate of PDMS while the PDMS undergoes a stretching motion, I want to see how this impacts the resonant properties of the split ring. I have a coupled solver using one step to solve for the deformed the geometry then another consecutive step that solves for the S parameters of the structure. However, the second step does not use the deformed geometry from the first step but instead uses the undeformed geometry. Anybody have some insight on getting COMSOL to use the deformed geometry?

Best,
Max

0 Replies Last Post 4 août 2016, 09:49 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Max Burnett

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.