Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

microwave plasma simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
I’m using microwave plasma module in 2d axis symmetric environment. Now my problem is that electromagnetic wave (E_field coupling) coupling to the plasma chamber is very small(Few V/m) if I simulate the emw physics interface in 2d axis symmetric case. I’ve a ridge waveguide structure to maximize the E_field at the centre of plasma chamber which needs 3d geometry for working properly. So, in same model(2d axis sym.) I introduced 3d geometry in another component and mapped the E_field from 3d chamber to 2d axis symm. Chamber using linear extrusion. E_field x, y, z to E_field r,phi,z conversion is not taking place.
While coupling this E field with plasma and magnetic field module following errors coming: Please help me .
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Segregated Step 2
Division by zero.
Function: /
Failed to evaluate vcomponent to Er, Ephi, Ez conversion is unable to obtain.
Now while couariable.
Variable: comp2.mwp.jz wAr, Defined as: ((((-((comp2.mwp.iTzphi wAr*comp2.mwp.iTphir wAr)-(comp2.mwp.iTzr wAr*comp2.mwp.iTphiphi wAr)))*(((d(comp2.mwp.Mn,r)*comp2.mwp.wAr)/comp2.mwp.Mn)+d(comp2.mwp.wAr,r)))-(((comp2.mwp.iTphiphi wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrr wAr)-(comp2.mwp.iTphir wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrphi wAr))*(((comp2.mwp.wAr*d(comp2.mwp.Mn,z))/comp2.mwp.Mn)+d(comp2.mwp.wAr,z))))*(comp2.mwp.rho*comp2.mwp.Dm wAr))/((((((comp2.mwp.iTrz wAr*comp2.mwp.iTphir wAr)*comp2.mwp.iTzphi wAr)+((comp2.mwp.iTzr wAr*(comp2.mwp.iTphiz wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrphi wAr))+(comp2.mwp.iTzz wAr*(comp2.mwp.iTphiphi wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrr wAr))))-((comp2.mwp.iTphiz wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrr wAr)*comp2.mwp.iTzphi wAr))-((comp2.mwp.iTphir wAr*comp2.mwp.iTrphi wAr)*comp2.mwp.iTzz wAr))-(comp2.mwp.iTzr wAr*(comp2.mwp.iTrz wAr*comp2.mwp.iTphiphi wAr)))
Failed to evaluate expression.
Expression: d((-2*(comp2.mwp.rho*comp2.mwp.wAr*d(comp2.WAr,t)*test(comp2.WAr)-comp2.mwp.jr wAr*test(d(comp2.WAr,r))-comp2.mwp.jz wAr*test(d(comp2.WAr,z))-comp2.mwp.R wAr*comp2.mwp.M wAr*test(comp2.WAr))*pi*r)*(dvol),{test19})
Last time step is not converged.
//Thanks in Advance\\

0 Replies Last Post 23 juin 2016, 05:17 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yellamraju

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.