Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Compact history error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I received an error when I tried to compact my Comsol file

Syntax error in expression
- Expression: SpaceCharge(root.x[[um]],root.y[[um]])
- Subexpression: [[um]],root
- Position: 19

I cannot understand where the error is coming from. SpaceCharge is an interpolation function.

3 Replies Last Post 23 juin 2016, 10:45 UTC−4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 23 juin 2016, 05:25 UTC−4
Hi John

Please send your model to support where someone will have a look.

I received an error when I tried to compact my Comsol file

Syntax error in expression
- Expression: SpaceCharge(root.x[[um]],root.y[[um]])
- Subexpression: [[um]],root
- Position: 19

I cannot understand where the error is coming from. SpaceCharge is an interpolation function.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi John Please send your model to support where someone will have a look. [QUOTE] I received an error when I tried to compact my Comsol file Syntax error in expression - Expression: SpaceCharge(root.x[[um]],root.y[[um]]) - Subexpression: [[um]],root - Position: 19 I cannot understand where the error is coming from. SpaceCharge is an interpolation function. [/QUOTE] -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 8 years ago 23 juin 2016, 09:54 UTC−4
I have attached the model.
I have attached the model.

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 23 juin 2016, 10:45 UTC−4
Hi John, the problem seems to be with the disabled "2DPlot Group 1" feature under Results. In the "Surface 1" plot, the expression is set to SpaceCharge(root.x[[um]],root.y[[um]]). COMSOL can't interpret the double square brackets when compacting history. To fix the problem, simply replace the expression with SpaceCharge(root.x[um],root.y[um]). You should be able to compact history after making this change.

Dan
Hi John, the problem seems to be with the disabled "2DPlot Group 1" feature under Results. In the "Surface 1" plot, the expression is set to SpaceCharge(root.x[[um]],root.y[[um]]). COMSOL can't interpret the double square brackets when compacting history. To fix the problem, simply replace the expression with SpaceCharge(root.x[um],root.y[um]). You should be able to compact history after making this change. Dan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.