Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

User defined Coil Geometry- Square shape PM and Coil- Moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have modelled a square shape coil and square shape permanent magnet (PM).
In my model, square shape PM can move in z direction, but there is no motion for the coil.
My problem is with using the current flow in the coil as I am using user defined coil geometry for my model because I cannot use linear or circular type coil for the considered geometry of the coil.
I don't know how I can define coil current flow in user-defined coil geometry.
I run the model and for the time dependent part the obtained current is zero but it shouldn't be because there is a relative motion between coil and PM, and I think it is related to defining coil-current flow.
Please note initially the considered current for the coil is zero, but we must have induced current in the coil because of having relative motion between coil and PM, and accordingly, change of magnetic flux density.

It would be great to help me for it.

Thanks, Ehsan

0 Replies Last Post 13 mai 2016, 19:48 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ehsan Asadi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.