Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make a interface boundary?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I am doing a evaporative cooling project. I have two domain (see the figure). One is for air, another is for water. Problem is, when I try to give flux at the interface boundary, comsol is showing it is not applicable. How can I solve this? See the figure.

2 Replies Last Post 29 avr. 2016, 12:39 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 28 avr. 2016, 22:32 UTC−4
I don't usually use those particular settings, but I can guess what is happening.

Internal boundaries are not in the default set; they appear as inapplicable (and act as continuity) in the default set. So you usually have to create a new boundary condition if you want something other than continuity there. In the Model Builder, under Component, find the physics-related heading (e.g., "Electromagnetic Waves" or whatever physics you are using. Right-click on that, to bring up a menu, which will include various boundary conditions to choose from. Choose one of those, corresponding to the condition you want to set on this particular boundary. This will generate a whole new entry in the list under the physics. Left-click on that entry, Now select the boundary you want from the graphics window and right-click to cause it to be loaded it into the selection box.
I don't usually use those particular settings, but I can guess what is happening. Internal boundaries are not in the default set; they appear as inapplicable (and act as continuity) in the default set. So you usually have to create a new boundary condition if you want something other than continuity there. In the Model Builder, under Component, find the physics-related heading (e.g., "Electromagnetic Waves" or whatever physics you are using. Right-click on that, to bring up a menu, which will include various boundary conditions to choose from. Choose one of those, corresponding to the condition you want to set on this particular boundary. This will generate a whole new entry in the list under the physics. Left-click on that entry, Now select the boundary you want from the graphics window and right-click to cause it to be loaded it into the selection box.

Posted: 8 years ago 29 avr. 2016, 12:39 UTC−4
I would recommend you to go through evaporating cooling model available in heat transfer module. For concentration, you do not need to include water domain in transport of diluted species.
I would recommend you to go through evaporating cooling model available in heat transfer module. For concentration, you do not need to include water domain in transport of diluted species.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.