Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is COMSOL able to accurately calculate this "custom" coil?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have created a "dual flat helix" coil and assigned the geometry to a multiturn coil with 1 winding, hoping that COMSOL understands the number of turns by means of coil geometry analysis.

Before I spend the rest of the semester working on this model, I hope that someone can answer me if this will produce accurate results, or if COMSOL might misunderstand the geometry.
(right now i have deactivated the infinite domain)

Main task is to calculate inductance and magnetic flux.
Secondary is to calculate heating, losses and temperature.

attaches is picture of model and model file.

I hope someone can help me.

--
:)

0 Replies Last Post 20 avr. 2016, 15:29 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yngve S.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.