Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CAD Import Module Error...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have created a CAD model and tried to import it into COMSOL, but I was encountered with this error:

''Feature: Import 1
CAD Import Module functionality is not installed.
Note: CAD Import Module functionality is included in the Design Module and the LiveLink products for
CAD''.

Now, I am not sure if there is simply a feature (Add-in) that needs to be activated or added to my current version of COMSOL (5.2), or I should have installed a completely different COMSOL version which would have had the CAD Import Module feature, in the first place?

Your help will be really appreciated.
Alireza

4 Replies Last Post 20 avr. 2016, 15:22 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 20 avr. 2016, 14:55 UTC−4
Hello Alireza,
Yes, it sounds like your license does not include any of the CAD products offered. You'd need to add one of them to the license. See www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/ for an overview of their capabilities.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Alireza, Yes, it sounds like your license does not include any of the CAD products offered. You'd need to add one of them to the license. See https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/ for an overview of their capabilities. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 20 avr. 2016, 15:10 UTC−4
Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your response.

May I only ask please, if this will be like an extra cost in addition to what I have already paid for the current license, or if it will be considered as an option that can be provided from COMSOL under a new license?

Appreciated.
Alireza
Hi Jeff, Many thanks for your response. May I only ask please, if this will be like an extra cost in addition to what I have already paid for the current license, or if it will be considered as an option that can be provided from COMSOL under a new license? Appreciated. Alireza

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 20 avr. 2016, 15:19 UTC−4
Hi Alireza,
As I do not know the specifics of your individual situation, I invite you to contact your local COMSOL representative to discuss this. You can find their contact information at this link: www.comsol.com/contact .
Best regards,
Jeff
Hi Alireza, As I do not know the specifics of your individual situation, I invite you to contact your local COMSOL representative to discuss this. You can find their contact information at this link: https://www.comsol.com/contact . Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 20 avr. 2016, 15:22 UTC−4
Hi Jeff,
Sure, thanks for your information and kind help.

Best wishes.
Alireza
Hi Jeff, Sure, thanks for your information and kind help. Best wishes. Alireza

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.