Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transmission of rough gold film with different incident angles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm new to COMSOL. And I have a question about the boundary condition of RF module. Hope someone can give me some suggestions.

I'm using COMSOL RF module to simulate the transmission of a 3D irregular gold film with different incident angles as attached picture 1. Because the surface and edge of gold film is irregular and asymmetric, so I'm wondering what boundary condition should I use in this case. Floquet periodic condition can not be work because the gold film is not asymmetric and it will have problem in meshing.
I also have tried the PML as attached picture 2. But the result is totally incorrect(as attached picture 3) because the transmission should not be more than 1 in this case.

To summarize, my question is what boundary condition should I use to simulate the transmission of a irregular gold film with different incident angles?

Hope someone can give me some suggestions. Any reply will be helpful for me.
Thanks.

Shih-Yi

0 Replies Last Post 17 avr. 2016, 23:49 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello SYC-Lab

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.