Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

overall conductivity of the system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, experts!

I am novice and want to ask: Is it possible to calculate overall conductivity of the composite containing high conductive nanoparticles in almost non-conductive media?
If yes, which modules and functions should I use? Probably there are some nearest examples.

Thanks in advance, I will be grateful for any advice and help

2 Replies Last Post 13 avr. 2016, 01:40 UTC−4

Posted: 8 years ago 13 avr. 2016, 01:23 UTC−4
Hi

I am not sure if this is a Comsol problem at all. A situation like yours is usually analyzed with the percolation theory. The conductivity is zero before the nanoparticles create a continuous path across the sample. There are Matlab codes available in the web that calculate this.

BR
Lasse
Hi I am not sure if this is a Comsol problem at all. A situation like yours is usually analyzed with the percolation theory. The conductivity is zero before the nanoparticles create a continuous path across the sample. There are Matlab codes available in the web that calculate this. BR Lasse

Posted: 8 years ago 13 avr. 2016, 01:40 UTC−4
You may set a potential difference across the sample and integrate current in either ends. Then Ohm's law. You may also scan the potential difference with parametric sweep.
You may set a potential difference across the sample and integrate current in either ends. Then Ohm's law. You may also scan the potential difference with parametric sweep.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.