Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

installation error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, everyone

I am trying to install COMSOL 5.2 on my computer, and get an error dialog:

Failed to decomperss fl_jvm_win64.isa
see log file for detail:
C:\Users\ADMIN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup_setup_5676.log

the log file gives the following message:

Entering femlabSetupMain function.
Creating directory C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676
Creating directory C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676\bin
Creating directory C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676\bin\win64
Copying files from G: to C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676
Decompressing G:\archives\fl_jvm_win64.isa to C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676\fl_jvm_win64.tar
EXIT FAILURE: Failed to decompress fl_jvm_win64.isa.
Removing temporary setup dir C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\comsolsetup5676

It seems that the fl_jvm_win64.isa cannot be decompressed in the progress on my computer. But COMSOL 5.0 can be correctly installed. And V5.0 also contains the flie fl_jvm_win64.isa .
What is the problem? Can anyone help me?

--thanks, Chu

2 Replies Last Post 1 févr. 2017, 09:54 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stefan Chu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 13 mai 2016, 09:46 UTC−4
I am getting the same error. Pl. help

Failed to decompress fl_jvm_win64.isa.

Regards
Sarat
I am getting the same error. Pl. help Failed to decompress fl_jvm_win64.isa. Regards Sarat

Posted: 7 years ago 1 févr. 2017, 09:54 UTC−5
Hi,
I have the same problem.
I found just one solution, is to format my computer..
regards
sabrina
Hi, I have the same problem. I found just one solution, is to format my computer.. regards sabrina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.