Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding an extra dimension to 1-D battery model

Sara Taslimi Taleghani

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am working on modeling and simulation of Li-ion battery. My model is pseudo-2-dimensional one. So I need an extra dimension to consider diffusion equation in solid phase of porous electrode in radial-direction while other equations are assumed in x-direction. I do not know how to do that. Please help me.

3 Replies Last Post 17 mars 2016, 17:59 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 17 mars 2016, 08:05 UTC−4
Hello Sara,
I am by no means an expert in your field, but it sounds like what you are trying to do is very similar to how this model is implemented: www.comsol.com/model/packed-bed-reactor-238 .
I hope it helps.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Sara, I am by no means an expert in your field, but it sounds like what you are trying to do is very similar to how this model is implemented: http://www.comsol.com/model/packed-bed-reactor-238 . I hope it helps. Best regards, Jeff

Sara Taslimi Taleghani

Posted: 8 years ago 17 mars 2016, 16:07 UTC−4
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your response. Is it possible for you to introduce me an expert in battery part of COMSOL?I do not know how to contact them.
Best regards,
Sara
Hi Jeff, Thanks for your response. Is it possible for you to introduce me an expert in battery part of COMSOL?I do not know how to contact them. Best regards, Sara

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 17 mars 2016, 17:59 UTC−4
You can contact COMSOL's Tech Support team via the web portal www.comsol.com/support or by email at support@comsol.com . Your question will be assigned to the first available expert in the topic area of your question.
Best regards,
Jeff
You can contact COMSOL's Tech Support team via the web portal www.comsol.com/support or by email at support@comsol.com . Your question will be assigned to the first available expert in the topic area of your question. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.