Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create a No Flux Boundary condition for one of two chemical species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm am modeling a fuel cell using transport of concentrated species (tcs) with 2 species, wH2 and wH2O. In the fuel cell there is a boundary where the water (wH2O) is able to pass through but the hydrogen (wH2) cannot.

Is there a way to create a no flux condition for only 1 species, so that the water can freely move through the boundary but the hydrogen cannot?

I would like to eventually expand this to include a total of 4 species, where water is the only species that can move freely throughout the entire fuel cell.

1 Reply Last Post 17 févr. 2017, 05:53 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joseph Watkins

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 17 févr. 2017, 05:53 UTC−5
Hello,

Did you manage to solve this problem... I am looking for something very similar, where only one species should crossover through the membrane.

Regards
NIve
Hello, Did you manage to solve this problem... I am looking for something very similar, where only one species should crossover through the membrane. Regards NIve

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.