Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I make a simulation with COMSOL. I try to find the highest electric field in GIS three phase but I can only determine the electric field at a point that I specified by domain probe. I want to get the highest electric field in GIS. How can I do it? Thank you

3 Replies Last Post 11 juin 2016, 06:27 UTC−4
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 14 févr. 2016, 14:46 UTC−5
Hi Fransiskus,

You could plot the "Volume Maximum" or "Surface Maximum" from the Results -> Derived Values -> Volume Maximum / Surface Maximum.
Similarly, you could also plot these quantities in the 3D Plot Group or 2D Plot Group.
For example, 2D Plot Group (Right Click) -> More Plots -> Max/Min Surface.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Fransiskus, You could plot the "Volume Maximum" or "Surface Maximum" from the Results -> Derived Values -> Volume Maximum / Surface Maximum. Similarly, you could also plot these quantities in the 3D Plot Group or 2D Plot Group. For example, 2D Plot Group (Right Click) -> More Plots -> Max/Min Surface. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Nirmal

Posted: 8 years ago 14 févr. 2016, 21:11 UTC−5
Thank you Mr Nirmal. It's very helpful
Thank you Mr Nirmal. It's very helpful

Posted: 8 years ago 11 juin 2016, 06:27 UTC−4
I have tried the max/min volume to get the highest electric field in GIS tank but when I put the coordinate that I got from max/min volume to domain point probe, the result was different. I tried to get the x, y and z component of highest electric field. Could anyone suggest what to do? Is the result from max/min volume different from domain point probe? Thank you
I have tried the max/min volume to get the highest electric field in GIS tank but when I put the coordinate that I got from max/min volume to domain point probe, the result was different. I tried to get the x, y and z component of highest electric field. Could anyone suggest what to do? Is the result from max/min volume different from domain point probe? Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.