Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

piezoelectric property

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

In the piezoelectric modulus, there is two constitutive relation: strain-charge form and stress -charge form. So we have two calculation method. I carried out a test about impedance analysis to compare two method and the resultat of theses method is different? So If you have the same problem please give me some explication.

Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 21 févr. 2016, 08:03 UTC−5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 8 févr. 2016, 10:33 UTC−5
Hi,

These are only two different ways of entering the material properties, so the results should be the same assuming that the conversion between the two sets of data is correct.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, These are only two different ways of entering the material properties, so the results should be the same assuming that the conversion between the two sets of data is correct. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago 21 févr. 2016, 08:03 UTC−5
Hi Henrik Sönnerlind

i am trying to do Eigenfrequency analysis on a piezoelectric cantilever beam. but the results are coming different as compared to analytical expression. Analytical expression donot use stress or strain equations as in piezoelectric and comsol does not use youngs modulus ...which is included in analytical expression.
can u guide me what is the problem

thanks in Advance
khawar
Hi Henrik Sönnerlind i am trying to do Eigenfrequency analysis on a piezoelectric cantilever beam. but the results are coming different as compared to analytical expression. Analytical expression donot use stress or strain equations as in piezoelectric and comsol does not use youngs modulus ...which is included in analytical expression. can u guide me what is the problem thanks in Advance khawar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.