Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D model with multiturn coils in 1/4 symmetry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hallo,

i simulate a 3D model with ironcore and coil using 1/4 symmetry. My study is frequency domain at 30kHz. I have defined the coil by numeric multiturn coils. But the solution is wrong, cause the max. magnetic flux density is only 1e-8T. Is it problem of the setting for coil?

I have attached my model.

Looking for you advices and thanks in advance.

wei

2 Replies Last Post 3 févr. 2016, 09:06 UTC−5
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2 févr. 2016, 13:12 UTC−5
Hi Wei,

You would also have to add "Output" sub-feature just like the default "Input" in the Multi-Turn Coil 1 -> Geometry Analysis 1 on the other end of the coil.
See this example for detail: www.comsol.com/model/multi-turn-coil-winding-around-a-ferromagnet-23641

Also for modeling the symmetry/periodic boundary condition, the following blog post might be useful here:
www.comsol.com/blogs/exploiting-symmetry-simplify-magnetic-field-modeling/

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Wei, You would also have to add "Output" sub-feature just like the default "Input" in the Multi-Turn Coil 1 -> Geometry Analysis 1 on the other end of the coil. See this example for detail: http://www.comsol.com/model/multi-turn-coil-winding-around-a-ferromagnet-23641 Also for modeling the symmetry/periodic boundary condition, the following blog post might be useful here: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/exploiting-symmetry-simplify-magnetic-field-modeling/ Best Regards, Nirmal

Posted: 8 years ago 3 févr. 2016, 09:06 UTC−5
Hi Nirmal,

i have added the ouput subnode and the solution is now very good.

Thank you very much again.

Best Regards,

wei
Hi Nirmal, i have added the ouput subnode and the solution is now very good. Thank you very much again. Best Regards, wei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.