Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

torsional spring design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to calculate the spring constant for different torsional spring designs. I can apply edge loads (forces) to one end of the spring, and simulate the displacement, but would like to be able to apply a displacement and calculate the reaction force or torque to the displacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest tips? I'm relatively new at COMSOL and would appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Felix

1 Reply Last Post 13 oct. 2010, 01:43 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 oct. 2010, 01:43 UTC−4
Hi

there are different ways in 3.5 and 4 where the Rigid Connector BC has appeared but note that the latter make your boundary stiff. See also the moment load in the 3.5a structural doc. There are several threads already about this subject, try a search on the forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are different ways in 3.5 and 4 where the Rigid Connector BC has appeared but note that the latter make your boundary stiff. See also the moment load in the 3.5a structural doc. There are several threads already about this subject, try a search on the forum -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.