Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using matlab function in comsol model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I do need help with using m-function in comsol 5.1. after all procedures decribed in tutorials(define function, adding path to m-function i need) comsol cant open matlab even to plot function. comsol shows error:
Can not start Matlab
- Library: csmatlab.dll
Error in multiphysics compilation.
I do sth wrong?
Could sbd who has expirience in such a problems explain where mistake is and what sequence of actions should i execute to succeed.
P.S. I dont need Comsol_with_matlab to use external m-function just to transform some results from comsol, do i?

2 Replies Last Post 24 mars 2016, 04:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrii Lesiuk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 21 mars 2016, 20:13 UTC−4
hello ,i have this problem too,and have you solve this problem ,my e-mail address is wangfeipublic@163.com , if you finished,please conncct me, thank you.
hello ,i have this problem too,and have you solve this problem ,my e-mail address is wangfeipublic@163.com , if you finished,please conncct me, thank you.

Remi Magnard COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 24 mars 2016, 04:53 UTC−4
Hi,

First make sure that the MATLAB version is supported with the COMSOL version you are running, see the system requirement, 5.2 interfacing product suite page (there is a link to previous version too) below:
www.comsol.com/system-requirements/module

Then verify that the MATLAB root directory path is properly set in COMSOL. To proceed, in the COMSOL Desktop go to Preferences > LiveLink products. In the MATLAB installation folder field enter the MATLAB root directory.
Windows OS users also need to click Register MATLAB as COM Server button.
Finally restart COMSOL.

If this does not help, try to uninstall LiveLink for MATLAB and install it again.
If you still have issue, please contact the support team with a complete description of your installation (COMSOL and MATLAB version, operating system).

Best regards,
Hi, First make sure that the MATLAB version is supported with the COMSOL version you are running, see the system requirement, 5.2 interfacing product suite page (there is a link to previous version too) below: http://www.comsol.com/system-requirements/module Then verify that the MATLAB root directory path is properly set in COMSOL. To proceed, in the COMSOL Desktop go to Preferences > LiveLink products. In the MATLAB installation folder field enter the MATLAB root directory. Windows OS users also need to click Register MATLAB as COM Server button. Finally restart COMSOL. If this does not help, try to uninstall LiveLink for MATLAB and install it again. If you still have issue, please contact the support team with a complete description of your installation (COMSOL and MATLAB version, operating system). Best regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.