Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Remanence in steel plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Geometry:
Block - (L*W*H)=(1000*1000*12) [mm]
Sphere - (R)=(2000) [mm]
Materials - AISI 1117 Low Carbon steel (assigned to the Block)
- Air (assigned to the Sphere)

Study: Magnetic Fields, No currents
Subject of study: Remanence within a steel plate after the removal of a Neodymium magnet of lengths (50*75) (R*H) [mm]

Good day, I am trying to calculate the remanence in a steel plate and am uncertain about the initial conditions which I have applied. I am trying to study the remanence within a steel plate after the removal of a NdFeB grade 52 from the surface.

Can Comsol do such a study without the magnet, how should I model it?

If not, how can I do study/model it?
Cylinder - (R*H)=(50*75) [mm]

Can I also study the effect of the remanence in time to see its decay?

Attached you will find one of my tries to model the problem, any advice will be very valuable to me.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

0 Replies Last Post 26 nov. 2015, 08:56 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vlad Stefanovici

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.