Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with modeling resistance in current collectors for lithium-ion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am not sure if I am in the correct area of this forum for assistance I need.

I am currently working on a model for current collectors in lithium-ion batteries. More specifically the voltage and current distribution over the positive and negative electrode current collectors. I have successfully modeled and displayed the voltage and current distributions but more importantly I would like to use the same model to measure the constriction and spreading resistances of the negative and positive electrodes respectively. Is there a way to add to my current model and measure such resistance values (i.e. measure V/I at any given point on the electrodes)? I am open to any suggestions. If you would like to see my model or screenshots, I would be more than happy to send via direct message.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 10 mai 2016, 15:25 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anthony Cappetto

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 10 mai 2016, 15:25 UTC−4
Hi Anthony,

I am working on the similar model trying to incorporate current collector in 2D or 3D model. Would you mind share your mph file with me?

Thank you,
Meng
Hi Anthony, I am working on the similar model trying to incorporate current collector in 2D or 3D model. Would you mind share your mph file with me? Thank you, Meng

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.