Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to feed with different phase???

Orlando René Del Sol Puig

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to feed two flat circular coils with the same excitation current but with different phase, and as I can not change the phase of the excitation source of the coils. I am using the magnetics physics, frequency domain.

1 Reply Last Post 2 oct. 2015, 07:22 UTC−4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2 oct. 2015, 07:22 UTC−4
Orlando,

To feed two coils with the same current but with phase difference “theta”, define currents as following:

I0 for the first coil
I0*exp(j*theta) for the second coil

Regards,
Sergei
Orlando, To feed two coils with the same current but with phase difference “theta”, define currents as following: I0 for the first coil I0*exp(j*theta) for the second coil Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.