Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

initial conditions convergence problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a convergence problem. I'm simulating the deflection of the thin wall with a cross section of 10 microns. It is a 2D simulation and basicly it is a cantilever beam, force (3N) is applied as a point load and I'm expecting a plastic deformation. But unfortunately, Comsol gives me an error of: Initial conditions didn't converge. What can be the problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 31 août 2015, 08:05 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Markov

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.