Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying material properties to a 3d model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I have just started using COMSOL 4, and thought that for a simple geometry, I would use the model builder CAD inside of comsol. However, this has been a bit troublesome. I got the geometry built without incident, but as soon as I try to apply the material properties to the model, no domains show up in the material tab, and I cannot select the geometry to apply the materials. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, and it has reached the frustrating stage. I cannot assign materials to the structure at all.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kimberly

2 Replies Last Post 20 août 2010, 01:46 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 août 2010, 14:30 UTC−4
Hello Kimberly,
Actually you did not get your geometry "built without incident". Once you fix that you'll be able to apply the materials as explained in the documentation.
Jeff
Hello Kimberly, Actually you did not get your geometry "built without incident". Once you fix that you'll be able to apply the materials as explained in the documentation. Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 août 2010, 01:46 UTC−4
I'd say that 'Extrude 1' has no input object and therefore generates an error. You have to say what geometry you want to extrude.

Matthias
I'd say that 'Extrude 1' has no input object and therefore generates an error. You have to say what geometry you want to extrude. Matthias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.