Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Choosing curl elements in PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am solving an electromagnetic problem (3 dependent variables) in 3D geometry using weak form. I need to specify that curl elements should be used so that boundary conditions are properly taken care of. In 3.5a it could be easily described in the subdomain settings. However, as I look through the options in 5.0, it does not appear possible anymore. I can see in global -> discretization that order of the elements can be changed from quadratic. But where is the option to switch from Langrange? I would be grateful if anyone could help me locate this or understand possible alternatives.

Best regards,
Shakeeb

1 Reply Last Post 15 juil. 2015, 04:21 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 15 juil. 2015, 04:21 UTC−4
I guess it did not take me too long after the post to figure it on my own.

The solution is to visit Preferences in the Options menu. There in the Model Builder item on the left, check the box next to Discretization.

That will make the discretization choices visible in the PDE node.
I guess it did not take me too long after the post to figure it on my own. The solution is to visit Preferences in the Options menu. There in the Model Builder item on the left, check the box next to Discretization. That will make the discretization choices visible in the PDE node.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.