Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current in a hollow multi-coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I always set the current in the solid coils setting one terminal to x Amperes and the opposite one as ground. But now im working with inductive pipes -hollow wires as seen in the jpg below- and I dont know if im setting the current in the right way.

How would you make the currents flow in this system? Im a bit lost, Im afraid. Is there a better way to set currents apart of the terminal/ground system?

I cant work in axysimetric because the porpuse is to set non-simetric elements later.

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post 19 mai 2015, 08:35 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 19 mai 2015, 08:35 UTC−4
Hi, everyone.

I couldnt solve my problem yet, and I wonder if anyone could give me a hint to a simple question, besides it is hollow or solid conductor, nevermind:

---Acording to the coil in the image, how would you set the current (160A each wire)? Terminal - Ground method?---

I have tried all I can.

Thanks a lot.
Hi, everyone. I couldnt solve my problem yet, and I wonder if anyone could give me a hint to a simple question, besides it is hollow or solid conductor, nevermind: ---Acording to the coil in the image, how would you set the current (160A each wire)? Terminal - Ground method?--- I have tried all I can. Thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.