Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sweep at different values of the same parameter....

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone. I want to measure change in magnetic flux density at different values of a parameter say xd. For this I used parametric sweep that works fine and gives accurate result but A parametric sweep allows you to tell COMSOL to run the same file with different input values of a parameter each time. I want comsol to consider all values of xd at a same time.
For instance xd = 0, 1, 2. If I make a 1D plot of change in magnetic flux density along x-axis it will give me peak value at 0, 1, and 2. With parametric sweep i get three plots one with peak = 0 the other with 1 and the third with 2. What i want is to have one plot indicating peaks at 0,1and 2.
Thanks....

2 Replies Last Post 13 mai 2015, 03:00 UTC−4

Posted: 9 years ago 13 mai 2015, 01:58 UTC−4
I am not quite sure if I understood your problem correct, but have you tried post-processing, Derived Values? There you can evaluate any relevant quantity with all parameter values in your parametric sweep. It makes a table which can be plotted in one click.

br
Lasse
I am not quite sure if I understood your problem correct, but have you tried post-processing, Derived Values? There you can evaluate any relevant quantity with all parameter values in your parametric sweep. It makes a table which can be plotted in one click. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 13 mai 2015, 03:00 UTC−4
Thanks Lasse, I don't get you but even if in derived values we will have separate plots. What i mean is to have a single plot indicating all three peaks because it is a continuous process but what parametric sweep does is it only considers one value and run the whole file then consider another and run the whole file and then third although it should be only one time showing maximum value at the values of parameter...
I am sorry i think i can not make it clear but if you can understand....
Thanks Lasse, I don't get you but even if in derived values we will have separate plots. What i mean is to have a single plot indicating all three peaks because it is a continuous process but what parametric sweep does is it only considers one value and run the whole file then consider another and run the whole file and then third although it should be only one time showing maximum value at the values of parameter... I am sorry i think i can not make it clear but if you can understand....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.