Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature over a track and the FR4 board

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a FR4 board with a copper track over it and I apply some amps in the copper track. As a result I have the temperature map on this track and board... I also have a heat transfer coefficient of (10 W/m2.k) over the top side of the board.

The question is: If I have an external temperature of 25 Celcius with a very low current (0.005A for example) I have some points of temperature below 25C (24,961 Celcius) Why, is it possible?

0 Replies Last Post 8 mai 2015, 17:45 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gisele Lantier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.