Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Range of values....

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone..... I want to calculate the maximum change in magnetic flux density at different points... on the x and y axis. For instance if this Bz=u*I/(4pi)*integrate((y-yd)/r^3,x,0,1) is my formula so from this i can calculate the maximum change in magnetic flux density on the yd. Now i defined yd as a parameter which is one value what if i want to make it range of values .... ex yd=range(0,1,5). I defined range in the local variables but it is giving me error. What am i suppose to do to obtain range of yd ...

2 Replies Last Post 5 mai 2015, 23:26 UTC−4
Vivien Van Kerckhoven

Posted: 9 years ago 5 mai 2015, 06:45 UTC−4
I m not sure to have correctly understood your question, but I think it's simply a "parametric sweep" you have to do ... Check in the user guide
I m not sure to have correctly understood your question, but I think it's simply a "parametric sweep" you have to do ... Check in the user guide

Posted: 9 years ago 5 mai 2015, 23:26 UTC−4
Thanks Vivien for the reply. I tried with the parametric sweep but it is giving me the error of circular variable dependency.
Thanks Vivien for the reply. I tried with the parametric sweep but it is giving me the error of circular variable dependency.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.