Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

frequency domain analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have build a piezoelectric cantilever for displacement analysis.In frequency domain analysis i have given frequency range: range(0,1,1000).But getting error
" Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter.
The relative residual (10) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution is not converged."
please help me to solve this error.

1 Reply Last Post 24 avr. 2015, 14:17 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 24 avr. 2015, 14:17 UTC−4
I'm having convergence problems myself (see my thread; no response yet) but one thing I'd recommend here is not to increase frequency in 1 Hz steps but rather do an exponential or other type of progression.

For example:

1000*sinh(5*range(0,0.05,1))/sinh(5)

A hyperbolic function is used here because unlike an exponential that gives you zero.

Otherwise it will be a real grind when you're solving 837, 838, 839....

I'm having convergence problems myself (see my thread; no response yet) but one thing I'd recommend here is not to increase frequency in 1 Hz steps but rather do an exponential or other type of progression. For example: 1000*sinh(5*range(0,0.05,1))/sinh(5) A hyperbolic function is used here because unlike an exponential that gives you zero. Otherwise it will be a real grind when you're solving 837, 838, 839....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.