Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Having an issue to get mixture of fluids under time dependency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've been having issues with my model on trying to get it to converge. My model is very simple, it is a rectangle( denoted as the cross section of a pancrease) with an inlet of glucose, while the center of the rectangle is two circles denoted as the islets for insulin secretion.

My problem is that, I'm not sure how to get a mixture of both glucose and insulin. I want the two circles to secrete insulin at a certain time point but I'm not sure how to go about with this. I tried setting an inlet on one part of the circle and then an outlet with a flux concentration on the circle but still no luck.

Also, when I run the model, it says " Error, Time=0" and it doesn't converge. Can someone help me with this?

I also wanted to know how to implement equations into comsol? I have two equations for glucose release and insulin secretion but i'm not sure how to implement them on my model. If someone could help me with this, that would be great. Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 23 févr. 2015, 23:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sherman Ondelise

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.