Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help required for input functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am very new to cosmos. I would like introduce different time dependent boundary conditions for temperature for the model www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/474/

So, what I would like provide is
The temperature boundary condition should be applied at the boundary location 0.05 in different ways
a. a triangle function. So the temperature rises as function of time reaches a certain value and drops down to the original temperature, and this cycle repeats
b. a sinusoidal temperature profile with +1.5 and -1.5 degrees variation with 100 s width
c. a step variation - so lets say temperature rises from 0 degrees to 2 degrees in rectangle manner, remains constant at there for lets say 100 s and then drops down to the original one. then remains constant for lets say 100s and then goes up to 2 degrees and follows the same cycle.

I mean, the problem really is, how can I create time dependent boundary condition as i want for different temperature profiles!

2 Replies Last Post 12 févr. 2015, 01:57 UTC−5

Posted: 9 years ago 11 févr. 2015, 17:02 UTC−5
I have some how managed partially to get what I wanted, but now how can I set it as a boundary condition for location 0.05 for T_right as in the example?

Also, how can I introduce square, triangle functions in similar fashion?

I have some how managed partially to get what I wanted, but now how can I set it as a boundary condition for location 0.05 for T_right as in the example? Also, how can I introduce square, triangle functions in similar fashion?

Posted: 9 years ago 12 févr. 2015, 01:57 UTC−5
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/58461/
http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/58461/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.