Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to use chemkin thermo and transport properties in fluid flow and heat transfer modules?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi , there,
I am simulating laminar flow premixed hydrogen combustion in a combustor with hydrogen, oxygen and steam mixture. So I choose (1)reaction Engineering (2)laminar flow and (3)heat transfer in fluid modules. In the (1)reaction Engineering module , I uploaded the CHEMKIN thermo and transport file to set up the temperature dependent specific heat capacity, entropy, enthalpy and transport properties(include viscosity). And in the (2)laminar flow , I have to set up fluid properties(density and dynamic viscosity). I can choose between 'from material' and 'user defined'. Since viscosity is already included in the CHEMKIN transport file so I want to choose 'user define'. And then how should I input in the expression for user define? it should be like the sum of (mass fraction of each species multiply the viscosity of the species). But how should I express this ? how can I call the viscosity of the species in my CHEMKIN file? The same problem for the heat transfer modules. I want to show user-defined specific heat capacity for the mixture by data in the CHEMKIN file.
Thanks for any advice.
Best.

1 Reply Last Post 6 avr. 2015, 10:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kate

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 6 avr. 2015, 10:53 UTC−4
hi,
I am also doing a similar project, where I am modelling the combustion prosess for different fuels. I would like to know how to generate the CHEMKIN file for the combustion of diesel and air?
hi, I am also doing a similar project, where I am modelling the combustion prosess for different fuels. I would like to know how to generate the CHEMKIN file for the combustion of diesel and air?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.