Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Navier-Stokes, permeation boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I study on a cylindrical tube which have a Navier Stokes flow inside and outside the tube. The wall of the tube un permeable. I want to know how i can put boundary condition on the wall.
I have other phenomenons in the model like darcy and maxwell stephan diffusion.
the meeting is open

3 Replies Last Post 24 mai 2016, 15:27 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dieng Abdoulaye

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 20 janv. 2016, 01:29 UTC−5
Hi,i want to know whether you have solved the problem . Now i face with the same question . thank you best wishes to you
Hi,i want to know whether you have solved the problem . Now i face with the same question . thank you best wishes to you

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 20 janv. 2016, 08:36 UTC−5
A simple model that may interest you is here:
www.comsol.com/model/separation-through-dialysis-258
In that model, the velocity in the free flow regions can be assumed, so we're only solving for the concentrations.
If you wish to solve for the velocities (which seems to be the case, judging from your post), a more sophisticated approach involving the coupling of free and porous medium flow is illustrated by this model:
www.comsol.com/model/porous-reactor-with-injection-needle-25
There are several other tutorials that show how to couple free and porous medium flow in the Application Libraries for the Chemical Reaction Engineering Module (see www.comsol.com/chemical-reaction-engineering-module) and the Subsurface Flow Module (see www.comsol.com/subsurface-flow-module) if you have them on your license.
Best regards,
Jeff
A simple model that may interest you is here: http://www.comsol.com/model/separation-through-dialysis-258 In that model, the velocity in the free flow regions can be assumed, so we're only solving for the concentrations. If you wish to solve for the velocities (which seems to be the case, judging from your post), a more sophisticated approach involving the coupling of free and porous medium flow is illustrated by this model: http://www.comsol.com/model/porous-reactor-with-injection-needle-25 There are several other tutorials that show how to couple free and porous medium flow in the Application Libraries for the Chemical Reaction Engineering Module (see http://www.comsol.com/chemical-reaction-engineering-module) and the Subsurface Flow Module (see http://www.comsol.com/subsurface-flow-module) if you have them on your license. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 24 mai 2016, 15:27 UTC−4
the examples i looked but i don´t get permeation of hidrogeno.(2D)
I put a domain where the fluid goes in direction axial but the right domain is a porous membrane so the fluid to have goes also in direcction radial and third domain is permeation and goes in direcction velocity axial.
My example is similary a dialysis but my driving force is the pressure and i don´t get across the membrane .
the examples i looked but i don´t get permeation of hidrogeno.(2D) I put a domain where the fluid goes in direction axial but the right domain is a porous membrane so the fluid to have goes also in direcction radial and third domain is permeation and goes in direcction velocity axial. My example is similary a dialysis but my driving force is the pressure and i don´t get across the membrane .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.