Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

is there any autosave feature in comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am facing problem when my simulations in comsol got terminated abruptly due to server failure or windows. all the results/ calculations upto that point are gone. so i have to restart the simulations again. is there any auto-save feature in comsol so that the results are auto saved after every fixed number of iterations or fixed time so that next time i can start with last save instead from the beginning? is yes, how to do so?

is there anybody who knows that?

thanks in advance.

8 Replies Last Post 7 juin 2016, 07:46 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 avr. 2010, 08:07 UTC−4
Hi try a search on the forum,

there are a few ways, in the advaned features (depends on solvers and modes, and as extreme a "dummy" parametric sweep that saves the sequency of simulations

Ivar
Hi try a search on the forum, there are a few ways, in the advaned features (depends on solvers and modes, and as extreme a "dummy" parametric sweep that saves the sequency of simulations Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 sept. 2010, 15:10 UTC−4
I didn't find anything in the forum. Did anyone figure out a way to autosave files while solving to avoid losing everything when there is some kind of computer/server problem?
4.0a
I didn't find anything in the forum. Did anyone figure out a way to autosave files while solving to avoid losing everything when there is some kind of computer/server problem? 4.0a

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mars 2011, 15:03 UTC−4
Is there any Autosave in comsol ???????
Is there any Autosave in comsol ???????

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 03:58 UTC−4
Hi,

In version 4.1 there is a recovery option that autosaves solutions during the solver stage so that you can recover the last completed solver step and resume the simulation if something happens during a long run. Select the "Save recovery file" check box in the Preferences dialog box, which you open from the Options menu. To open an autosaved file, choose Open Recovery File from the File menu.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, In version 4.1 there is a recovery option that autosaves solutions during the solver stage so that you can recover the last completed solver step and resume the simulation if something happens during a long run. Select the "Save recovery file" check box in the Preferences dialog box, which you open from the Options menu. To open an autosaved file, choose Open Recovery File from the File menu. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 04:11 UTC−4
the size of the file is so big that i couldn't send it ! can i give you the PDF file to show you the model :)

thanks

salma

the size of the file is so big that i couldn't send it ! can i give you the PDF file to show you the model :) thanks salma

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 06:00 UTC−4
Hi

You can clear (not delete !) th solution, the mesh, and reset the project see the "File" menu, this will make the file far smaller and easier to upload, we useres here "just" have to resolve it ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You can clear (not delete !) th solution, the mesh, and reset the project see the "File" menu, this will make the file far smaller and easier to upload, we useres here "just" have to resolve it ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 08:49 UTC−4
hi ,
thanks a lot :)
I show you the second structure (half sphere of thickness 0.2 meter), it has a size smaller than the first ,in this case insulation is straw.I chose the same boundary conditions and the same initial condition but the influence of the straw is neglected straw so i must take into account heat transfer modes in this structure (conduction, convection) and the effect of moisture in the for déstrubition for the temperature inside the structure :))

salma
hi , thanks a lot :) I show you the second structure (half sphere of thickness 0.2 meter), it has a size smaller than the first ,in this case insulation is straw.I chose the same boundary conditions and the same initial condition but the influence of the straw is neglected straw so i must take into account heat transfer modes in this structure (conduction, convection) and the effect of moisture in the for déstrubition for the temperature inside the structure :)) salma

Posted: 8 years ago 7 juin 2016, 07:46 UTC−4
Dear, Magnus Ringh,
unfortunally this option doesn't work in vervions 5.x: Results are empty, no Resume command for the Study...
Dear, Magnus Ringh, unfortunally this option doesn't work in vervions 5.x: Results are empty, no Resume command for the Study...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.