Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

reference about general/coefficient form of PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I'm a new starter of this software and puzzled by the way of writing the governing equation (in CFD) in PDE form. The information provided in the mannul seems not to be suifficient enough. Is there any recommendation of reading material regarding of this problem?
Thanks a lot!!

5 Replies Last Post 28 avr. 2010, 03:32 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 avr. 2010, 22:46 UTC−4
Also not sure how to transform the Navier-Stokes equations into the PDE general form as used in the example of the back step flow.
Anyone can help?
Also not sure how to transform the Navier-Stokes equations into the PDE general form as used in the example of the back step flow. Anyone can help?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 avr. 2010, 02:02 UTC−4
Hi

for the reading check

www.comsol.com/academic/books/

I recommend this one to start with, specially for PDE basic approach, even if it is not relly fluidics first up

www.comsol.com/academic/books/mmwfem/

There are a couple of other titles on fluidics but I do not know them

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi for the reading check http://www.comsol.com/academic/books/ I recommend this one to start with, specially for PDE basic approach, even if it is not relly fluidics first up http://www.comsol.com/academic/books/mmwfem/ There are a couple of other titles on fluidics but I do not know them Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 avr. 2010, 02:51 UTC−4
Hi, Ivar

Thank you very much. Hopefully this book helps!
Hi, Ivar Thank you very much. Hopefully this book helps!

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 avr. 2010, 02:54 UTC−4
Hi Chang

Here it is what you need:
www.comsol.dk/community/forums/general/thread/1874/

By the way what is your final goal in developing PDEs for NS?Are you going to extend it to include other physics as well?

Regards
Naveed
Hi Chang Here it is what you need: http://www.comsol.dk/community/forums/general/thread/1874/ By the way what is your final goal in developing PDEs for NS?Are you going to extend it to include other physics as well? Regards Naveed

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 avr. 2010, 03:32 UTC−4
Thanks, Naveed.

Currently i'm trying to use the PDE general form to solve the 2-D cylinder flow with confined walls and will extend it to 3-D once the first part done.
Thanks, Naveed. Currently i'm trying to use the PDE general form to solve the 2-D cylinder flow with confined walls and will extend it to 3-D once the first part done.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.