Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inconsistency in Boundary Flux Units for 2D-Axisymmetric Mass Flux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm trying to express a mass flux term through a radial boundary, in a 2D-Axisymmetric system.

However, COMSOL only accepts a flux of (mol/m s), which is illogical, considering that flux terms are in (mol/m^2 s). Moreover, the help file itself suggests that the units are supposed to be in (mol/m^2 s). Attached is a screenshot.

Can anybody assist with pointing out whether there are any quirks with the 2D-Axisymmetric geometry that leads to such an inconsistent unit?

2 Replies Last Post 9 oct. 2014, 09:18 UTC−4

Posted: 10 years ago 9 oct. 2014, 02:16 UTC−4
I also had this problem, but it was fixed in the update of Comsol 4.4; it was a bug.
I also had this problem, but it was fixed in the update of Comsol 4.4; it was a bug.

Posted: 10 years ago 9 oct. 2014, 09:18 UTC−4
Ah, thanks so much!
Ah, thanks so much!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.