Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gradually activating a geometry (domain) for a heat transfer problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to gradually activate a domain for a heat transfer problem in COMSOL.

To explain my question, please assume that we have ONE cube and we are heating it from the top part. I like at t=0, only the top surface is activated for the heat transfer problem. Little by little, the activation domain increases up to the final time of the study at which all the domain is fully activated.

It is important to mention that I do NOT like to use two cubes close to each and use a Thin Thermal Barrier in between (I do not like to use SWEEP or for loops to change the location of the Thin Thermal Barrier).

I also tried to use Deformed Geometry. However, the computation time is too much and I prefer not to use it for my case.

I greatly appreciate it if you mention whether there is any way in COMSOL to make a domain partially inactive for a heat transfer (in solids) problem.

0 Replies Last Post 7 oct. 2014, 19:25 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Iman Ghamarian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.