Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Issues building a simple 3-D geometry with COMSOL Kernel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am building a single foam unit cell, you can see the attached file, and am having an issue where a surface is not being deleted after differencing several geometries. When I use the CAD Import Module Kernel, there is no problem, but we have only one license for it and it is sometimes tied up. Since I am building the geometry natively I don't believe I should have to even use it anyway.

Does anyone have an explanation on why it is doing this, or better yet point out something I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Mario

2 Replies Last Post 9 sept. 2014, 16:03 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 9 sept. 2014, 15:28 UTC−4
Hello Rebecca,
In your "Sphere" node, enter a 45 degrees rotation angle. It will work.
Jeff
Hello Rebecca, In your "Sphere" node, enter a 45 degrees rotation angle. It will work. Jeff

Posted: 10 years ago 9 sept. 2014, 16:03 UTC−4
Got it!

thank you
Got it! thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.